This coaching skill focuses on people’s strengths, what is right with them and their level of engagement with life, flow (when you feel at your best), purpose and friendship, with the experience pleasant emotions such as love, joy, hope, achievement and contentment.
This part of the training will take participants through some positive psychology techniques that will help people to:
- Discover and increase the focus on their strengths
- Build and maintain positive relationships with others
- Become happier in both their personal and professional lives
- Develop more compassion for themselves as well as others
This coaching skill is person centred and guides people to discover and develop their own motivations for change. The person in the coaching role develops empathetic listening and the skill of asking open ended questions which encourage ‘change talk’ relating to a person’s reason or need for change.
This part of the training will take participants through some motivational interview techniques that will help people to:
- Feel engaged and in control of their own decisions
- Talk naturally and comfortably
- Feel listened to
Cognitive Behavioural Coaching
This coaching skill focuses on a person’s current thinking, feeling and behaviour patterns, instead of their past. The person in the coaching role helps the person to make positive changes to how they think, feel and act now and in the future.
This part of the training will take participants through some cognitive behavioural coaching techniques that will help people to:
- Do things that increase their experience of positivity
- Change their unhelpful or unhealthy patterns of thinking and feeling
- Develop and use new skills to help them work toward positive thinking and being
These can be delivered as standalone one day workshops, a 2 and a half day course, or part of an organisations wider training programme.
Complete the form below if you would like to book this training or get more information
And remember, Keep It Simple Training Company will come to you!